ULFA has several vacancies on the Job Action Committee and Bargaining Resource Committee. These roles involve bi-weekly meetings and other duties, as you are able.
Two vacancies for Bargaining Resource Committee
1) A representative from a professional faculty (Ed, DSB, HS) for a term ending June 30, 2021.
2) An instructor/academic assistant representative for a term ending June 30, 2022.
Three vacancies for the Job Action Committee
1) A representative for Humanities and Social Sciences (term ends June 30, 2022)
2) A representative for Health Sciences (term ends June 30, 2022)
3) A representative for the Calgary Campus (term ends June 30, 2022)
Terms of reference for these committees can be found in Appendix A of the ULFA Bylaws
Note that as per the Collective Agreement, in Article 5.03.1:
A Member’s service to the Association shall be deemed Service to the University and Society in evaluation of performance.
If you are interested in one of these positions, or have questions, please contact ULFA Executive Officer, Aaron Chubb, firstname.lastname@example.org; and cc the appropriate committee chair.
Job Action Committee Chair: Ran Barley JACchair@ulfa.ca
Bargaining Resource Committee Chair: Rob Sutherland BRCchair@ulfa.ca
ULFA Executive Officer