The Association shall establish a Nominating Committee comprising the past chair of the Nominating Committee, the President, one additional Member of the Executive Committee appointed by the Executive, and five (5) other active, Statutory Members of the Association.
Retrieved from ULFA Bylaws Article 10.4
10.4.1 Procedure to Establish the Nominating Committee
- a. Three (3) weeks prior to the Fall General Meeting, the President shall solicit nominations for membership on the Nominating Committee. In doing so, the President shall attempt to obtain broad representation of academic staff from constituent University communities; and
- b. The list of nominees to the Nominating Committee shall be presented at the Fall General Meeting following which an election shall be held, consistent with these bylaws.
10.4.2 Procedure of the Nominating Committee
- a. The Nominating Committee shall from among its own members elect a chair who shall preside at its meetings and report to Executive Committee; and
- b. In the event that a member of the Nominating Committee agrees to be nominated for election to a position, that member shall henceforth cease to participate in the discussion about that position; and
- c. Prior to the Annual General Meeting, the Nominating Committee shall provide a list of nominees to Executive Committee and to standing committees, together with the name of the most recent Past President willing to serve. When the Nominating Committee has located one willing and able candidate/nominee for the position of Vice President/President Nominate, the Committee must continue to search for a second candidate; and
- d. The list of nominees together with a list of all eligible Members by constituent communities shall be distributed to Members at least one (1) week prior to the Annual General Meeting.
The Nominating Committee comprises the Past Chair (ex officio), the President of the Association and one additional member of the Executive, as appointed by the Executive, in addition to five other statutory Members of the Association.