The University of Lethbridge Faculty Association (ULFA) is seeking to hire a full-time, continuing position for an Administrative Officer. The successful applicant will have administrative and support duties related to ULFA activities including its committees, initiatives and all labour relations matters arising from grievance and collective bargaining.
ULFA is the exclusive bargaining agent for 600 academic staff members at the University of Lethbridge. More information about ULFA can be found on the website at www.ulfa.ca.
Position Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Definition: Permanent, full-time position (following 12 month probation)
Compensation: $48,000 to $58,000 FTE starting, based on experience, plus an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, and COLA salary increases.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Possesses an ability to work effectively with elected ULFA officers and staff;
- Has previous experience in support positions for an office environment including non-profit, union, HR, education or related fields;
- Possesses strong communication skills;
- Possesses business acumen and solid organizational skills;
- Is sensitive in dealing with the diverse membership of the Association, the University delegates, and external contacts;
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Front desk contact for Members and the public;
- Sundry office duties including ordering and maintaining office equipment and supplies;
- Responsible for scheduling and logistics of meetings and events;
- Responsible for implementation of Member relations activities and outreach;
- Prepare meeting agendas and relevant documents;
- Recording secretary at committee meetings as requested;
- Responsible for processing, filing, and maintaining confidential records;
- Responsible for implementation of ULFA print and digital communications;
- General bookkeeping (including reconciling monthly bank statements, depositing cheques, preparing cheques, and paying expense claims);
- Assistance in preparation of budget statements and annual audit
- Experience in office/clerical or related settings
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to exercise tact, judgement and diplomacy, and a high regard for confidentiality;
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and planning skills;
- Work independently with minimal supervision;
- Minimum undergraduate degree preferred. A combination of a diploma in a related field and/or relevant experience will be considered;
- Experience in labour relations, legal environments, collective bargaining and grievance handling, or related fields would be an asset;
- Professional training or adequate relevant experience working within a constitution and bylaws framework would be an asset;
Application Deadline: October 14th, 2022 or until the position is filled.
Start Date: Flexible upon availability of the successful candidate
To Apply: Please submit your application using the subject line “Administrative Officer Application” with resume and names of three references, to:
ULFA Executive Officer
ULFA acknowledges that the land on which we typically gather is the traditional territory of the Siksikaitsitapi (Blackfoot).
ULFA is committed to the principle of employment equity, is an equal opportunity employer, and welcomes diversity in the workplace.